Monday, November 16, 2009

Three Cheers for Yoga

I love yoga. In college, I started out doing random poses I had pulled out of a magazine. I really enjoyed the stretch and the challenge of each pose.

But, it wasn't until a couple of years ago when I started practicing at a local studio that I really understood the power of the mind, body (and spirit!) connection. After a 90 minute "energy yoga" class, I feel relaxed, rejuvenated, strong and exhilirated! I love that feeling!

I recently told someone practicing yoga made me feel like I had gotten a massage...and, I got to burn calories! It really does!

There are many things I love about yoga. But, one other thing is that I can practice yoga my whole life. There will never (hopefully) be a time when I will have gotten too old. Three cheers for yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment