Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two More Reasons to Clean Green

I never knew the harm I was doing to my body (inside and out) with the chemicals I was using to clean our home. One of the most toxic household cleaners is chlorine bleach. When I would clean our bathroom, I would often have the smell of chlorine in my nose for hours. I am proud to say our home has been chlorine free for over a year. We now use white vinegar, hot water and tea tree oil to disinfect our home, our laundry and more, VERY effectively (MORE effectively, in fact).

Have you ever tried using baking soda to clean your bathtub? Baking soda is good for a lot of things; but, a paste of baking soda and water is THE BEST cleanser for your bathtub. We have an older tub in our old home and it is very difficult to clean. Very difficult. We have tried a slew of various cleansers promising to clean our grime...to no avail...until we used baking soda paste...works every time.

The bonus now, is that my 3-year-old can help me clean the bathroom, safely! (He has only wanted to help me once; but, I do cherish that one time!)

So, I hope I have provided more than two reasons here. Clean green!

No comments:

Post a Comment