Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Metamorphosis of "Mom"

When my now three-year-old first started talking, I was "mahmm"; and, I remember thinking, I would never get to hear the sweet sound of the word, "mommy"". Well, I was wrong. After awhile, my son added another syllable and I became, "mama". Not long after that, I was, in fact, "mommy".

Now that he is three-and-a-half, I have for some reason again become, "mama". He still calls me "mommy" sometimes; but, more often than not,he addresses me as, "mama".

I have mixed feelings about the day that I will again become, "mom". On one hand, I am so proud of my growing boy. On the other hand, he is growing up and I have to remember to treasure every moment.

My five-month-old has begun muttering, "mah-mah-mah-mah". But, even though I don't think he is yet identifying me as such, I am (patiently) waiting to see what I will be called by my second son.

No comments:

Post a Comment