Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pee at the End of the Toilet Paper

Yes.  Sigh.  I was with a book group a few weeks ago, getting to know some ladies, reading the book, "Scary Close" together.  We had been talking about how everyone puts their best moments-their "highlight reel"-on social media.  So, I asked them if they wanted to hear how, that morning, as I went to the bathroom before coming to the host's home, I pondered that it (the bathroom) was the only room I had managed to get clean; but, for some reason, it was no longer clean.  There was, in fact a very messy sink and a puddle of toilet paper on the floor.  As I pulled up the toilet paper to use, I realized there was in fact, an ACTUAL puddle of pee at the end of the toilet paper.  Because we were on our way out the door, I just sighed. 

Everyone said, "YES!" those are the moments they wanted to hear about!

Such a moment is a perfect segue for a day like today, when I found myself still in my pajamas at, um, noon.  Not the relaxed, still in my jammies kind of day, either.  More like the frustrated-because- my-(almost)-1-year-old-is-NOT-sleeping-well-tried-to-take-a-shower-all-morning-or-at-least-put-on-my-contacts-not-sure-I-am-going-to-get-anything-done kind of day.  So, I cried.  Not a whimper.  A loud, ugly cry.  And, I called my husband with my loud ugly cry.  And, thankfully, he said, try to remember to pray first.  Exhale.  I love him.  I needed that for some reason.  I had been trying all morning to do the next right thing, because EVERYTHING was overwhelming!  But, I was NOT succeeding at all.  Did I pray?  I don't know.

But, prayer helps, if only because it gives me time to pause.  Give Him my worries, even for just seconds.  It helps.  Pray first.  Inhale.  Exhale.  The next right thing to do is apparently, to breathe.  To sigh is just to exhale.  I forgot to pray.  I forgot to breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment