Saturday, August 31, 2013

From-now-on Best Ever Banana Bread (and Paleo, too!)

I came across this recipe yesterday; but, I had to get some more almond meal.

We made it this morning and the results are bread-pudding-like awesomeness.  I will never ever make my banana bread another way.

 I recently subscribed to Allison Nichols' site, http://friskylemon.com/2012/06/14/too-good-banana-bread/ (no, I am not trying to lose weight...I just LOOOVE the recipes I see...and, I can't wait to try more!).


Too Good Banana Bread
Author:

3 very ripe bananas
5 pitted Medjool dates (I used 7 because they were smallish)
5 Tbsp warm water
3 eggs
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup coconut oil (I used melted)
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
unsweetened coconut flakes for sprinkling (I did not use)
 
Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
 
In food processor, blitz the dates and warm water. Process until you have formed a nice date paste. Add the bananas and vanilla and process until just combined.
 
Pour the banana mix into a bowl and add your coconut oil, and eggs– mix until evenly distributed.
 
In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet while constantly stirring.
 
Pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top for garnish, if using.
 
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until edges have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
 
Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy with some pastured butter on top (we happen to have some...again, awesomeness).

No comments:

Post a Comment