Thursday, August 6, 2015

Autoimmune Paleo

Well, our doctor did not say we were doing anything wrong with our elimination diet.  But, I had been feeling like something was still preventing us from healing from leaky gut syndrome.

So, I prayed about it.

Then, one day a couple of weeks ago, I was on Pinterest looking up a recipe for something and all over the screen were "autoimmune paleo" recipes.  It was enough to spark my curiosity.  So, I dug in to researching it. 

These ladies at, http://autoimmune-paleo.com/ have a really helpful blog with recipes and information.  And, I want to read her book, http://aiplifestyle.com/what-is-autoimmune-protocol-diet/.

I feel God led us to this way of eating (even if it is only temporary).  My boys and I are trying it for 1 month, possibly 2.  Then, we will start adding back foods to see if we have a reaction to them.

We were already known to be sensitive to many of the foods on this "diet" (I hate that word).  And, the other items we have to cut out (dairy and nuts and seeds and all starches and eggs) just make sense for healing our guts.

Day 4 into this and I am already feeling better.  Sorry if it is too much information, but, my hemorrhoids are MUCH improved.  Already.  If you have hemorrhoids, folks, cut out nuts and seeds so they can heal.  Totally makes sense.

We are enjoying many foods.  The hardest thing is to limit fruit.  Fructose from fruit is harder on our bodies than sugar (sucrose)...and, that goes for everyone, btw!

Will you pray for us as we continue our journey toward healing? 

47573a3ccd4ea18439a4376223f36a7de1e812850a106806c8

No comments:

Post a Comment