Monday, August 24, 2015

Psalm 46:10

We finally got in our "Family Fun Day" at the beach (for completing our month-of-no-electronics challenge).  But, really, we need more excuses to take these; somehow, a day at the beach makes us feel like we have been gone for three, five if it's the ocean.  We went up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, which is just 2 hours from us.  On the way home, we picked up some "clean" (freshly made, no allergens) carryout from a restaurant in Rockford.

So, while we were at the beach, my now 1-year-old fell asleep nursing (as he often does) and slept for a couple of hours in my arms, in the shade, with the wind blowing and sun, sky and sand all around.  While I was sitting there holding him (I really did try to put him down; but, I enjoy holding him when I can), I started to feel antsy, like I could not let this day go by.  I started feeling like I needed to "carpe diem" and have as much fun as possible and, and, and...

And, then I heard His voice, "Be still and know that I am God".

And, then I relaxed.  I felt better about just being still and watching my boys and husband enjoy the day.  And, I continued to enjoy holding my baby boy.

I had heard those words before.  The next day, I came across that very scripture (that I did not even know I knew) and knew that the Holy Spirit had been working on me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment