Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stay at Home Mom

I love staying at home with my son (and, I can't wait to experience full-time mothering with our baby on the way!) It hasn't been long...just a little over a month...and, I have noticed differences in myself and my son (good ones!).

After I had my son, I wanted so much to be with him as much as possible; but, I was torn between him and my job for three years. I was fortunate to be able to stay with him three and a half days a week and go to the office three and a half days. At first, I worked at home for a day and a half; and, after two years, I cut my hours by about the same.

It was satisfying to feel like I had it "all" for a short while; but, the yearning to be there for my son full-time became unbelievably strong. With another child on the way, I knew it was time.

Many of our friends and acquaintances were surprised at my decision. Often, people give me a look of disbelief when I tell them that I am much busier now than when I was working.

I feel so fortunate.

I've got to say, this is the hardest (mentally and physically) and most rewarding job you will never find in the "want ads". It is in my nature to strive to do the best I can, always. A few years ago, I pictured myself as a "working mom". I am so grateful to be a stay-at-home mom. I hope I will do well at this important job!

No comments:

Post a Comment