Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Let's Talk about the Naturopathic Doctor!

I took my father to see a Naturopathic Doctor a couple of weeks ago.  My dad had a stroke in 2008 and has dementia, high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma and a few other things.  But, since getting him off about 6 medications recently, I have seen a drastic improvement in his health.  Even though I already knew the benefits of healing outside the pharmaceutical/chemical world, I was not sure my dad could still be helped.

I am now more optimistic.  This doctor assessed my Dad's health and prescribed a probiotic because he has a build up of yeast in his body.  She recommended a gluten free and dairy free diet (also, no sugar and very little meat) so that his body can focus on healing, which she said IS POSSIBLE.  It is possible to heal blocked arteries, high blood pressure, diabetes, cataracts (and lots of other things!) just by changing your diet!  She recommended organic whenever possible to minimize any chemicals interfering with natural body functions (including personal care products...remember what goes ON our bodies still goes IN!).  She said Dad has a build up of trans fats in his body which need to be minimized by increasing his consumption of vegetables (raw is best, steamed is next, roasted is next...after that, there are not many nutrients left).  Fortunately, we already do many of these things...we just had to take it to the next level.

After he is on this diet for a couple of months, she wants to work on reducing the metals in his body that are furthering his dementia.  When we reduce the metals, we can slow it down.

I look forward to keeping you posted on his progress.  I like learning more about how to care for my dad because it also helps me take better care of myself and the rest of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment