Saturday, October 19, 2013

Health Update

Me, first.  I am healing-in so many ways.  I discovered that my vitamins (that I had been taking for about a year) had raw onions in them.  I have been allergic to raw onions my whole life.  I feel so foolish for not checking into that sooner.  I started new vitamins a little over a month ago and I have had many good days in the last few weeks.  I even had an awesomely "normal" week after I went to my chiropractor.  I am still healing.  I feel so much better, though.  My skin has started to look better, too (bonus!).

I am trying to stress less (as recommended by...everyone).  I make it a point to exercise and I may have a new yoga buddy!  If we can go to yoga at least once a week (and hold each other accountable for going); I think we will be happier mamas!  I LOVE savasana at the end of practice.  Healing happens in those 10 minutes of meditation and complete relaxation (it is also called, "corpse pose"!).  I also love being social and I have been making a point to get together with friends more often (it's not easy with busy mamas!).  

We have not invited people over at all for about a year.  It was just awkward and hard (with my dad in hospice care and us not wanting to disturb his rhythm).  We LOVE cooking for our friends (and having them cook for us! *grin*) and we miss it.  So, we have started doing that more.

I also did not realize how much "space" caring for my dad had taken in my head.  I don't know how better to describe this.  But, I am so grateful for that extra "space".  I feel a little guilty admitting that.  I love my dad with all my heart and it was worth giving him some of my "space" for a while.

Next, my dad.  He is slowing down.  Hospice says they can't see it; but, I can.  The last report from them was, "his vitals are good and...he's gaining weight!".  The same nurse that is seeing him had claimed that I might need to give dad more food (a few months ago).  We gave him as much as he would eat (A LOT!) and did not change a thing when he started gaining weight in late May (up 13 pounds by mid-July!).  He has gained about 5 more pounds since then.  My concern is that he is gaining "water weight" because of his declining kidneys.  Hospice doesn't think so.  So, I just continue to pray.

I pray for my dad to know true peace.  I pray for him to know true comfort.  I pray for him to know true love.  I pray for him to experience these things on earth, while he is still with us.  I pray for him to leave this world before he declines too much to function.  I pray for peace for me and all my family.  I pray to feel God's presence with us all, through it all.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment