Friday, May 22, 2015

We have become THAT family

There is this blog I like called, We are THAT family.  I love their posts.  And, I thought of THAT family the last few times we ate in restaurants.

My husband did not pray much.  I did not either.  We did not start praying as a family until a few years ago.  Honestly, I can't remember praying much in private either.  As we have grown in knowledge and understanding of God's word, we have grown in faith and we have prayed more.

I pray all the time now.  Sometimes to myself, sometimes out loud. 

But, recently, we went on vacation...and, in the middle of the restaurant, my husband reminded us that we had not yet prayed.  So, we held hands, bowed our heads and prayed (and, just now, I am remembering doing that as a child).  We have done this a few more times in public since...just last week in fact.  And, I AM SO GRATEFUL. 

I am grateful that we are becoming THAT family.  Because THAT is the family that I want to be.  The family that prays together in public.

I am also grateful that my husband is leading the effort!  That is a gift to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment