Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Challenge

So, we got Netflix a few months ago.  I thought we would like the educational documentaries.  I do...but, I don't think anyone else has watched nary a one.

Other than one free day/week (considering making it 1-2x/month), my kids have to earn 1 hour of screen time after they have:  played outside, finished their chores and completed their schoolwork.  I feel like that is generous; but, I may be out in left field on that.

We don't have cable TV and we don't get any free TV channels.  We do have a tablet and a laptop and one TV for programs and movies we want to watch.  The only thing my husband misses is sports events; but, he often checks scores on his favorite teams and somehow doesn't seem like he is missing anything at all.

And still, I feel like our family needs to deepen our connection...

So, I proposed a challenge to my family last week:  1 month (31 days) of no screens (for entertainment).  I told them our reward would be a super family fun day (everyone voted for the beach...my husband voted for Hawaii...I WISH!).  But, I was surprised there were no complaints! 

We will see how we do for a MONTH; but, so far (day one), so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment