Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Favorite Pancakes

We have a few "go to" recipes for pancakes in our house (we love breakfast!). This is the simplest one and I almost always have all the ingredients! I only recently started using agave nectar and almond milk; and, this recipe makes these healthier substitutions shine. I have often altered this recipe with banana puree and other liquids and solids (blueberries) and they always turn out great. I adopted this recipe from one I found at Cooks.com.

Ruvalcaba's pancakes

2 eggs, separated
2 c. sifted white wheat flour
1 T. agave nectar (when using banana puree or sweetened almond milk, I leave out the sugar)
1 t. sea salt
2 c. almond milk (or regular milk)
1/2 c. butter, melted (I prefer unsalted)
1 T. baking powder

Beat egg yolks. Add agave nectar. Sift flour & salt. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to egg yolks. Stir in butter. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Add baking powder last. This batter keeps well in the fridge. If it gets too thick, thin it with milk. Drop onto dry, heated skillet. We serve with 100% pure maple syrup, applesauce or fruit preserves. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment