Monday, August 15, 2011

God is in This

As a child, I recall not ever wanting to talk about God in school. I felt awkward enough, why talk about my beliefs that probably differed from everyone else's? However, I relished the opportunities I had to talk about the Bible and God with my congregation (at the time). Then, an unfortunate series of events took me far away from the church and faith in which I was raised.

During my teenage years, I accompanied my mother and friends to different houses of worship, only to realize that the teachings were so similar and the people just as wonderful (as in my former congregation) in every single one. That left me questioning everything I had ever learned.

Today, when I have the opportunity to discuss God with friends, I have quite a lot to say. I still have a lot of questions; but, I feel strongly about my beliefs and I am comfortable openly discussing them. I feel spiritually grounded and for that, I am grateful. It has been quite a journey.

I realized recently when I told a friend "not to leave God out of his work", that I had not even included Him in my blog. That ends today. He is ever present in my family's minds, hearts and throughout our days; and, from this day forward, He will be in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment