Friday, November 18, 2011

Imagination

Do you know who said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge"?

Albert Einstein.

I totally believe that because I see in my children that their imagination is the foundation for everything they want to learn.  Einstein's quote is my inspiration for homeschooling.

My 5-year-old just went through an intense period of learning (because he wanted to learn everything he could and did so voraciously) about all the planets in the solar system.  He also "discovered" the "Magic Planet" and the country, "Bigland", in his imagination.  I have encouraged him to start a journal with all of his amazing stories about this planet (and, I wish I had written more of his awesome stories down in the moment!).

He is still writing about "his" planet, the "10th" one, farther than Pluto, but bigger than even Jupiter.  I am nearly convinced it really exists!  But, his "new" interest is the human body.  He loves reading about ailments and diseases and now he is trying to figure out how everything works.  The imagination is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment