Saturday, December 17, 2011

Forgiveness

I am on a journey.  I have often felt it is hardest to forgive myself for mistakes, misgivings and wrongdoings.  But, right now, I am struggling with forgiving a family member for things I did not even know still hurt.

During this process, I am not being very nice or respectful.  And, I am in a cycle.  Not stuck, exactly...but, I am finding it hard to forgive myself for how I am treating this person right now because of the things they did long ago (that I am still working to forgive and FORGET!).  Forgetting is really the key.  You can't truly forgive, until you forget, I have found.  You can't forget until you work through and come to terms with all the feelings you have!

I am grateful to be on this journey with some support.  I have my church that provides a community that explores all kinds of questions, answers and hypotheses.  I have my husband.  I have my friends that listen.  I have my sister.  I have my aunts.  This support helps to keep me from getting wrapped up in my head.  It's a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment