Thursday, November 1, 2012

Personal Products

So, the more I learn, the more I try to live a "green" life (for the health of my family and our earth).  We started with food (slowly), then with our household toxins (easy because it's cheaper), then the almost forgotten personal products (about the same prices as the other items I was buying).

It has been a challenge to find makeup that works for me.  But, I have.  I really like Tarte brand and Physician's Formula Organic Wear is an affordable option that I also really like (I like their talc-free powder!).  I recently discovered a new site, www.spiritbeautylounge.com.  I am really enjoying this site.  I can search by "vegan" or "gluten-free" ingredients!  Makes my life much easier!  Gotta love that!

We were using Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner, until I found out that they are not "gluten-free".  In addition, some natural bar soaps have a wheat derivative in them.  I haven't tried it yet; but, on www.spiritbeautylounge.com, I found an affordable gluten-free brand called, Acure Organics.  I love their bar soap.  I still have to try their shampoo and conditioner.

It is hard to find all-natural products for my family, too.  My husband uses, Every Man Jack after shave lotion and Kiss My Face shave cream.  I really like the Episencial line for my kids...their bubble bath and winter face balm are great.  My husband and I use deodorant instead of anti-perspirant.  We have to reapply sometimes; but, it is better than putting extra metal in our bodies (yes, "in"...because whatever goes on, goes in!)

I have a story worthy of another post about my new preservative-free contact cleaning regimen!

No comments:

Post a Comment