Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aluminum Free Baking Powder

Who knew? I had no idea something I have been using for YEARS has aluminum in it...which I have been trying to avoid getting into or onto my body in every other way. Hello? Why doesn't it have a warning on the package! Something! Can someone please fire the FDA and create a new organization. PLEASE?

The only reason I discovered this little known fact is because I was reading a cookbook ("Super Natural Cooking") that called for "aluminum free baking powder" in the recipes. So, I went to look at my baking powder ingredients and sure enough, found aluminum right there... in my baking powder. It is not listed as an ingredient in my Arm & Hammer Baking Soda; but, they do also sell aluminum free baking SODA...so, it makes me wonder.

Just thought I would share! We need to be more diligent consumers!

No comments:

Post a Comment