Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gluten Free Update

I started eating gluten-free one week ago. Just yesterday, I went and bought brown rice flour to attempt to remake some of my favorite recipes that call for wheat flour.

Until now, I have just been eating what we have. Lots of fruits and vegetables, rice, yogurt, eggs, meat, and potatoes have all been a part of my diet this week. I love grits and I have sought to remake them in different ways.

I have a favorite recipe that calls for polenta, gorgonzola and mushrooms...yum!

I also found a recipe that called for chorizo, grits, tomatoes, spinach and corn and it was delicious.

I can't say I feel different. But, my doctor said that I may not notice until I stop eating gluten for awhile and then eat some and notice if there is a difference. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment