Saturday, February 26, 2011

Welcome Back, Pasta

Rice pasta, that is. I have tried a couple of different varieties. Let me just say I need to remember to do due diligence and continue to check ingredients! Some "gluten free" pastas have ingredients I try to avoid--namely, mono and di-glycerides and high fructose corn syrup!

One that I really like is Hodgson Mill Gluten Free All Natural Brown Rice Pasta Penne (with Golden Milled Flax Seed). Ingredients: Brown Rice, Golden Milled Flax Seed. Verdict: good flavor, good texture, and overall, I did not notice a difference. It was very good! I will be buying this one again!

I always liked rice noodles at Asian restaurants; but, I had not had any luck trying rice pasta that is supposed to have more of the "tooth" of traditional semolina pasta. Thank you, Hodgson Mill!

No comments:

Post a Comment