Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leaving for the Weekend

It was really, really stressful for me the first time I left my kids for the weekend (one year ago).  Maybe one of the reasons they call it, "attachment parenting" is because I am attached to THEM. 

The good thing is that it also led to a one-night getaway this spring for my husband and me.  That was a wonderful time to reconnect.  Now, I know why other parents suggest it!

And, I am getting ready to leave again.  Just three days; but, it is still hard.  After caring for my dad for two years, everyone says this is good for me.  I am keeping that in mind.  I don't feel AS stressed- especially because my husband does not also have to care for my Dad.

It also helps that we have a celebration planned for Sunday (when I return) centered around my Dad and my brother's homecoming, who was first in Korea and now in Alaska (serving in the Air Force).

I am almost packed.  My friend (and ride to the airport) is coming soon.  I am ready for this America in Bloom symposium.  And, I will miss my boys (and my husband!) but, I know they will have fun.  I love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment