Monday, October 3, 2011

Gluten Free Update

Whew! I am back to baking most things instead of buying pre-packaged gluten-free waffles, bread and more. I missed it. I don't know what kept me away...maybe it seemed too probable that making my own bread could cost more than the $5/loaf for gluten-free bread (because of the high cost of the gluten-free ingredients)...but, I was wrong! Thankfully wrong!

I don't know why I did not think to reopen my "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day" cookbook to check out the gluten-free section. But, I finally did. I can make 2-4 loaves of bread, pizza crust, crackers--even cinnamon rolls--from one batch of my gluten-free dough! It tastes good. It is healthy. I am grateful. But, I still need to try those cinnamon rolls!

And, the bigger news on this update is that my whole household is now eating primarily gluten-free and noticing (and enjoying!) the benefits of doing so! My husband told me when he has a sandwich now, he notices the dip in his energy, more like afternoon fatigue (even with whole grain bread!).

The next thing I am inspired to make (from a recipe I saw at, http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/08/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-zucchini.html) is gluten-free zucchini brownies! I am grateful to have my baking "bug" back! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment