Monday, October 3, 2011

Sweet Vacation Sweet

Now, we are Home Sweet Home. I missed my home. It seemed foreign when we came in the door after being away from our responsibilities for a week in Door County. I loved spending time with my husband and my sons without a clock to check or a schedule to worry about. We just loved being together.

We are grateful to our nephew for caring for my father in our stead. We are grateful to my sister and her fiancee for staying with our boys in Milwaukee while we attended a friend's wedding there at the end of our week. We are grateful for so many things.

Before we left, I gave my 5-year-old an assignment, "write 10 things you would like to do on vacation". I am still impressed with what he wrote. I am happy to report that we accomplished all six that we wrote (technically).

1. swim with daddy and mommy (my sister and her fiancee took him swimming)
2. play a lot outside with my family
3. i want to have adventures (yes, he spelled it right...now, ask me about our bicycle ride!)
4. sit with my family without "grampa" and with my brother
5. play at beach with mommy and daddy and my brother (we weren't in swimsuits; but, we did play at the beach!)
6. be with my family

I love my family and I can't wait for our next vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment