Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Wedding Vows

It is almost a month since our eighth wedding anniversary. In the wake of a friend's inspiring wedding and in contemplation of our present and where our life (and our family) is now, I took out our wedding vows. I love the words we wrote and promised to each other on our wedding day and I am happy to share them (they still pass muster!).

Today, as we become one, I vow to walk with you
through the journey of life and support you
through all of our sorrows, all of our joys,
all of our failures and all of our triumphs.

My heart will be your shelter
in times of pain or sadness.
My arms will hold you tight and
never let you fall.

I vow to provide you with the warmth that I feel
when you smile--the warmth that shines from
your heart and through your eyes.

I vow to always strive to rediscover you as our
love changes and as we change as individuals.
In doing so, I vow to always seek to understand
you through words of truth and love.

On this day, I give you all of me,
I open my heart and my mind to you.
I vow to help you to be your best and
to give my best to you.

I vow to be faithful to you all the days of my life.

You are the love of my life and my best friend.
Today, it is my solemn vow to fulfill our destiny
and love and care for you for all eternity.


The theme for our wedding was, "love grows." So true. So true. Just writing these vows down brought me through emotions that can best be dispensed as "happy tears." I love you, my sweet husband. It all started with you. The "real" me started with you (more about that another time).

No comments:

Post a Comment